Congratulations to Stephanie Davies on winning this years overall Handicap race series
First 5 overall finishers
1st Stephanie Davies, 2nd Sara Brooke-Smith, 3rd Sam Jody-Richards, 4th Paul Graham, 5th Steve Segan.
MERTHY MAWR 10K 2014
Dates for your diary
10th January Club Presentation and disco
18th January The final race in the South Wales League in Cardiff, make sure you enter
Club Race dates 2015
Reverse 10 29th March, Treforest 10k 24th May, The Loop 12th July
Don’t forget to view our monthly Newsletter,Click on the link
Cosmeston Relays 2014-We had the most Teams entered into the event.
Congratulations to Peter Coles Vet 50 and Sam Ryall Vet 40 (Team Bronze) who raced for Wales in the Masters International in Nottingham. November 2014
Congratulations to Justin Mark Phillips who has completed 5 marathons in 5 days and to top it off is the overall winner of the event!
CLUB TRAINING-Please be aware we only cater for over 16s at our Training Sessions.
Why not join our group on Facebook Pontypridd Roadents Athletic Club, lots of chat with all the latest information you will need.
We now have a number of Group Leaders with a Welsh Athletics License to lead the groups whilst training.
- We have two groups training from Hopkinstown Cricket Club on a Tuesday at Great western fields Hopkinstown, Pontypridd, RCT, CF37 2SG, Our Intermediate group starts at 6.30pm and the main group starts at 7pm. Please meet in the car park or outside the changing rooms.
- Our Beginners starts at 6.30pm opposite the Pottery on the Treforest Industrial Estate. Please check our Training post above to see which sessions we will be doing.
- Are at the University Fields, Treforest Industrial Estate.
- Training starts at 6.30pm for the Beginners and the Intermediate Groups and 7.15pm for the main Group.
- Please check our Training posts for our current training plans.
- Showers are available and all are welcome to join us after training in the pub for a chat.
Don’t forget that every first Thursday in the month is curry night after training.
Please note that after 6 sessions it is expected that you either join our club or stop attending the sessions no offence is intended.
A number of members arrange to run at other times of the week, for various sessions or the long weekend run.
If you want to improve as a runner, with aims of improving your times or if you just want to improve your fitness and lose weight or just enjoy the social side of running, the Roadents are the club for you.
The Cardiff Half Marathon 2013
We are a small but thriving running club based in Pontypridd, with over 100 members from all parts of Rhondda Cynon Taff, Merthyr, Caerphilly and Bridgend.
Contact us at any of the e-mail address’ below
email@example.com Club Chairman
For membership enquiries contact Carl Edwards on 07702 549717
Annual membership will be £35 for 2015 this now includes mandatory membership to the Welsh Athletics.
Unemployed/Senior citizen/Student will be £25
Membership to the Welsh Athletics Association means that you will pay £2 less when you enter a race plus insurance, so if you compete in a number of races you will get your membership back very quickly.
Also another benefit you will get, once you join our club, you will be able to have your name in the club draw for the club entry into the London Marathon.(rules apply)
All members are encouraged to actively participate in the running of the club and help to shape it’s future.
Joining Ponty Roadents is as simply as 1, 2 , 3
We are now holding a beginners session on Tuesday and Thursday evening 6.20pm for 6.30 start
So if your a beginner a novice or coming back from injury come and join us.
1. Turn up at one of our training nights.
2. Give us some brief information of what you have done.
3.On your first session you will be given advice on our sessions and which group to start with.
Don’t be put off about thinking of joining an athletics club.
We are a friendly club, all running abilities are catered for.
If you are thinking about joining a running club, just come along to one of our training sessions, new runners are welcome so simply turn up to one of our beginners training sessions for a chat.