Welcome to Pontypridd Roadents Athletic Club
See link for details of where we are planning on running.
- At Hopkinstown Cricket Club, Great western fields Hopkinstown, Pontypridd, RCT, CF37 2SG
- Tuesday is approx a 7 mile run, which you can run at your own pace within the various groups or the quicker runners are currently doing a tempo run.
- Training starts at 7.15 pm sharp no excuses!! Showers and beer afterwards.
- Are at The University Fields, Treforest Industrial Estate.
- Thursday is generally speed work and endurance training on the playing fields in the summer, otherwise throughout the rest of the year, the runs are a mixture of runs to suit all abilities, around 7-8 miles.
- Training starts at 7.15 pm sharp no excuses!! Showers and Over the road to the pub for a chat.
Don’t forget that every first Thursday in the month is curry night after training.
Whilst we have runners of various standards, anyone new to running will need to be able to maintain a pace of around 8 to 9 minutes a mile for around 6 miles.
This should enable you to keep up during a session, every effort will be made to ensure any new runners are helped with the routes but we cannot guarantee this at every session.
(WE NOW HAVE DEDICATED RUNNERS TO HELP ANY NEW RUNNERS AND ANYONE UNABLE TO KEEP UP WITH THE MAIN GROUP, SO WHATEVER FITNESS LEVEL YOUR AT, COME ALONG TO OUR CLUB SESSION AND JOIN IN)
Please note that after 6 sessions it is expected that you either join our club or stop attending the sessions no offence is attended
If any new members would like help and advice to improve their standard so they can keep up with the main session please ask, we can offer you a training session 1 hr before the main session, this is available on request only.
Some club members run only Club Training Nights, while some may be beginning to train more often in readiness for a marathon.
A number of members arrange to run at other times of the week, for various sessions or the long weekend run.
If you want to improve as a runner, with aims of improving your times or if you just want to improve your fitness and lose weight or just enjoy the social side of running, the Roadents are the club for you.